LIVONIA, Mich., July 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TRW Automotive Holdings Corp. (NYSE: TRW) is highlighting how its most advanced active, passive and integrated safety technologies are laying the foundation to enable semi-autonomous driving at this year's Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA), International Motorshow in Frankfurt, Germany.
Among the full suite of technologies to be displayed are driver assist systems including TRW's next generation S-CAM 3 video camera and AC1000 radar; intelligent controllers such as TRW's safety domain ECU which can integrate multiple chassis and driver assist functions; actuators including integrated brake control and electrically powered steering; and adaptive occupant safety technologies and improved rear seat safety solutions.
Peter Lake, executive vice president sales and business development for TRW Automotive, explained: "The automotive industry is entering a period of immense change as the market aims to significantly reduce the number of road related fatalities this decade and beyond. While advanced safety technologies have been offered on luxury vehicles for several years, their fitment is now being spurred across multiple vehicle segments by a combination of regulatory mandates, New Car Assessment Program ratings, insurance incentives and consumer demand."Technologies in production today are becoming increasingly sophisticated – in addition to warning drivers they are now actively intervening in critical situations and helping to prevent or mitigate accidents. We have a technology roadmap to support the move towards semi-autonomous driving: from warning, through assist and up to auto-pilot style driving, with the driver in the loop and the systems able to take control of the vehicle in certain conditions." TRW will highlight a number of new safety technologies:
- Next generation S-CAM 3 video camera with six times the processing power of the current S-CAM camera to provide higher performance and a number of advanced new functions.
- TRW's AC1000 next generation radar family will be suitable for front, rear and side sensing applications and will also be able to detect pedestrians.
- Next generation Safety Domain ECU to gather, process and act on the increasing levels of data created for high level safety functions
- Rear seat passive safety technologies
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV