BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., July 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) announced today an expanded multi-year licensing agreement with PBS Distribution, making a wide variety of great PBS programming available to Netflix members in the U.S. and Canada.
Beginning this fall, Netflix members can enjoy exclusive subscription video-on-demand access to all seasons of critically acclaimed The Bletchley Circle, a gripping murder mystery drama from the UK. In 2014, Netflix will become the exclusive SVOD home of Super Why!, the award-winning PBS KIDS hit preschool series which helps kids build critical literacy skills through storybook adventures.Also available will be children's series like Wild Kratts, Caillou and Arthur, documentaries from celebrated filmmaker Ken Burns including Prohibition and Central Park Five, and past seasons of popular non-fiction series like Nova and Secrets of the Dead. "PBS programming is both entertaining and enriching, a combination that Netflix members really appreciate," said Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos. "While PBS stations will always be the first place to see our programming, this agreement with Netflix exposes our shows to new audiences and further expands PBS's presence across all media platforms," said Jason Seiken, General Manager, PBS Digital. About Netflix, Inc.Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with more than 36 million members in 40 countries enjoying more than one billion hours of TV shows and movies per month, including Netflix original series. For one low monthly price, Netflix members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Learn more about how Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) is pioneering Internet television at www.netflix.com or follow Netflix on Facebook and Twitter. SOURCE Netflix, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV