The U.S. Marine Corps Logistics Command, Albany, Ga., has selected ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS) as one of the prime contractors for the five-year, $854 million Marine Corps Logistics Support Services contracts program.
The selection gives Exelis the opportunity to submit proposals on multiple task order requests in support of future logistics requirements for the Marine Corps. The task order requests will be for the procurement of prime contractor support in program management and operations, specialized information technology, distribution and supply, maintenance and technical data development.
“We are very pleased to be one of the prime contractors selected for the Marine Corps Logistics Support Services contracts program,” said Ken Hunzeker, president of the Mission Systems division of ITT Exelis. “Exelis is uniquely positioned to participate in this program due to its extensive experience and performance in other Defense logistics programs, and we look forward to providing the same type of support to these important Marine Corps requirements.”
Work on the MCLOGSS program will be performed, based on Marine Corps requirements, at multiple locations around the world.About ITT Exelis Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and technical services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in communications, sensing and surveillance, critical networks, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in C4ISR, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 19,900 people and generated 2012 sales of $5.5 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV