Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) today announces the debut of the Four Points by Sheraton brand in Peru with the new Four Points by Sheraton Miraflores owned by Top Rank Group LLC and managed by Interamerican Promo Hotels. The 134-room hotel is located in the heart of Miraflores, the upscale business district known for its gardens, parks and fountains, high-end shops, upscale restaurants and entertainment.
“We are delighted to mark the entry of the Four Points by Sheraton brand into Peru, one of the most dynamic travel markets in Latin America,” said Osvaldo Librizzi, Co-President Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Americas. “This opening is part of our continued expansion strategy in Latin America and reflects the rapid success that the brand has enjoyed in the region in recent years.”
Four Points by Sheraton has expanded to major and secondary cities in Latin America due to various factors, including its link to the iconic Sheraton brand and its “best for business” positioning in the mid-market category. Today, there are 13 Four Points by Sheraton hotels in key countries throughout the region, comprising Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Panama, Mexico and Uruguay. In addition, Four Points by Sheraton Cancun, Mexico is scheduled to open this year, followed by Four Points by Sheraton Bogota, Colombia in 2014, which will result in 15 Four Points hotels in the region, making it the second largest brand for Starwood in Latin America.
Brian McGuinness, Senior Vice President of Specialty Select Brands for Starwood, added, "Four Points enjoys a loyal worldwide following because it delivers Four Points' contemporary style and 'best for business' services and amenities that resonate with travelers globally and in Latin America. We're pleased to offer guests a new lodging option in Peru and particularly in Miraflores, one of Lima’s most important business districts."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV