So far, this year, leading performers include Monro Muffler (MNRO), up 40%, Devry (DV) up 33%, StanCorp Financial (SFG) up 33%, UMB Financial (UMBF) , up 29%, and Bank of the Ozarks (OZRK), up 29%. Just five names are in negative territory, and the worst performers are Lindsay (LNN), down 7% and Ceramics Carbo (CRR) down 15%.
Stay tuned for more on small cap dividend growers.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @JonMHellerCFA This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV