By the end of 1965, Xerox hit 215 (split adjusted), or 12,900 in the old stock, an 860-fold increase, one of the most spectacular runs by any stock in history. Xerox’s all-time high was reached on May 3, 1999 when it closed at 63.6875. This is quite an increase from the split-adjusted price of $0.01389 the stock had been at in February 1949, an increase of over 4500-fold over a period of fifty years. This is much more spectacular than the 55-fold increase in price between July 1961, when Xerox joined the NYSE, and its peak on May 3, 1999.
Complete histories are important. Otherwise, you’ll never discover some of the greatest moves in stock market history.
Photo Credit: net_efekt
The post The spectacular rise of a tech stock you’ve completely forgotten appeared first on Smarter Investing
Covestor Ltd. is a registered investment advisor. Covestor licenses investment strategies from its Model Managers to establish investment models. The commentary here is provided as general and impersonal information and should not be construed as recommendations or advice. Information from Model Managers and third-party sources deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Transaction histories for Covestor models available upon request. Additional important disclosures available at http://site.covestor.com/help/disclosures. For information about Covestor and its services, go to http://covestor.com or contact Covestor Client Services at (866) 825-3005, x703.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV