NEW YORK, July 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Following the largest weekly increase in nearly five years, the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate edged down this week to 4.48 percent, according to Bankrate.com's weekly national survey. The average 30-year fixed mortgage has an average of 0.29 discount and origination points.
To see mortgage rates in your area, go to http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/mortgages/.
The average 15-year fixed mortgage also fell to 3.62 percent, while the larger jumbo 30-year fixed mortgage rate is now at 4.66 percent. Adjustable rate mortgages were mixed. The popular 5-year adjustable rate climbed to 3.48 percent, the highest in more than two years, while the 10-year adjustable dropped down to 3.95 percent.As recently as May 1 st, the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate was 3.52 percent. At that time, a $200,000 loan would have carried a monthly payment of $900.32. With the average rate currently at 4.48 percent, the monthly payment for the same size loan would be $1,011, a difference of $111 per month for anyone that waited just a little too long. SURVEY RESULTS 30-year fixed: 4.48% -- down from 4.61% last week (avg. points: 0.29)15-year fixed: 3.62% -- down from 3.73% last week (avg. points: 0.21)5/1 ARM: 3.48% -- up from 3.45% last week (avg. points: 0.29) Bankrate's national weekly mortgage survey is conducted each Wednesday from data provided by the top 10 banks and thrifts in the top 10 markets. For a full analysis of this week's move in mortgage rates, go to http://www.bankrate.com/. The survey is complemented by Bankrate's weekly Rate Trend Index, in which a panel of mortgage experts predicts which way the rates are headed over the next seven days. Over half of respondents, 62 percent, expect rates to stabilize, remaining more or less unchanged over the next week, with 25 percent forecasting a pullback in rates. Just 13 percent forecast rates will increases in the coming week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV