Oral "Youth Pill" Causes Uproar At International Dermatology Conference In Athens, Greece
ATHENS, Greece, July 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- You probably wouldn't expect the topic of human growth hormone (hGH) to cause an uproar at one of the most prestigious cosmetic dermatology conferences in the world. But at the International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology's 9 th World Congress, which ended Sunday in Athens, Greece, it caused quite a stir. Why? Because research is showing a strong link between hGH and healthy, younger-looking skin, leading many to start calling hGH the "Youth Hormone."
Human growth hormone therapy has become a staple among many of Hollywood's elite, who believe it can reduce wrinkles, tighten saggy skin, decrease body fat, increase lean muscle mass, boost energy, rev up sex drive, and make you look and feel decades — not years, but DECADES — younger. In fact, a recent Shape magazine article on this subject began, "When you see a 50-year-old actress who can pass for 35, you can bet that good genes aren't the only things responsible for her youthful glow."
The mass media seems to be just as obsessed as Hollywood A-listers. hGH has been featured on Fox News, The Today Show, The Dr. Oz Show… even Vanity Fair. Yet many medical professionals have dismissed hGH therapy, calling it an "underground" option that needs more research. But a new study explored growth hormone's effects on the skin, and what the study's authors discovered is forcing many medical experts to rethink their views on hGH therapy.
The research paper, "Growth Hormone System: skin interactions," concluded, "Clinical observations and analysis… have shown the important role played by the GH system in the development, maintenance, and repair of the skin. In fact, the dermal structures directly reflect the various changes in GH production that occur in the different phases of life."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV