Sprint Nextel Corp (S): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner
Sprint Nextel (S) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Sprint Nextel rose $0.08 (1.1%) to $7.15 on light volume. Throughout the day, 49,039,933 shares of Sprint Nextel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 66,597,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.05-$7.15 after having opened the day at $7.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.07. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Envivio (ENVI), up 14.9%, MER Telemanagement Solutions (MTSL), up 14.2%, Clearfield (CLFD), up 13.1% and RIT Technologies (RITT), up 10.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sprint Nextel Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV