Bank Profits Double In Bahrain
MANAMA, Bahrain, July 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Profits for banks operating in Bahrain doubled in the first quarter of 2013 to $1.1 billion.
According to data provided by the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB), profits, which totaled $427 million in the first quarter of 2012 – rebounded across all banking sectors, including wholesale, retail, and Islamic banks.
The combined balance sheet of all Bahraini banks hit a one-year high of $195.3 billion at the end of March and was up nearly five percent over $186.3 billion in December 2012.
The CBB has aided the financial recovery through concerted efforts to strengthen Bahrain's regulatory environment – particularly those governing risk management and bank consolidation.SOURCE Kingdom of Bahrain
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV