3. As of noon trading, CPFL Energy ( CPL) is down $0.17 (-0.9%) to $17.97 on average volume. Thus far, 184,504 shares of CPFL Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 368,000 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $17.90-$18.31 after having opened the day at $18.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.14. CPFL Energia S.A., through its subsidiaries, distributes, generates, and commercializes electricity in Brazil. The company operates in five segments: Distribution, Conventional Generation Sources, Renewable Generation Sources, Commercialization, and Services. CPFL Energy has a market cap of $8.8 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts that rate CPFL Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CPFL Energy as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its respectable return on equity which we feel is likely to continue. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Get the full CPFL Energy Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts