1. As of noon trading, Amgen ( AMGN) is down $1.16 (-1.2%) to $96.34 on average volume. Thus far, 2.2 million shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $95.40-$97.28 after having opened the day at $96.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $97.49. Amgen Inc., a biotechnology medicines company, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of human therapeutic products in the areas of supportive cancer care, inflammation, nephrology, and bone diseases primarily in the United States, Europe, and Canada. Amgen has a market cap of $74.0 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Amgen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Amgen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Amgen Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the drugs industry could consider SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals ETF ( XPH) while those bearish on the drugs industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Nasdaq Biotech ( BIS).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts