2. As of noon trading, Praxair ( PX) is down $1.25 (-1.1%) to $115.48 on average volume. Thus far, 604,509 shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $115.41-$116.55 after having opened the day at $116.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $116.73. Praxair, Inc. engages in the production, distribution, and sale of atmospheric and process gases, and surface coatings in North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. Praxair has a market cap of $34.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Praxair a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Praxair as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Praxair Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts