2. As of noon trading, Emerson Electric ( EMR) is up $0.50 (0.9%) to $55.86 on average volume. Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Emerson Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $55.30-$56.14 after having opened the day at $55.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.35. Emerson Electric Co., a diversified technology company, engages in designing and supplying products and technology, and providing engineering services and solutions to the industrial, commercial, and consumer markets worldwide. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $39.2 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Emerson Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts