Only $1.14 per Gallon?
"Therefore, they argue, government must intervene with tax breaks and other subsidies to overcome these market 'barriers,' he said.
But Lewis said that the Israelis tried it, "and it was a Solyndra-like flop."
An Israeli company called "Better Place" built a network of charging stations in Israel and Denmark. The company believed that the stations would motivate consumers to buy electric vehicles. But the company closed in under than six years.
Over a hundred years ago the electric car was praised as a quiet, non-polluting method of transportation. But the same problems with EVss mentioned by CEI's Marlo Lewis in 2013 were the same problems that led to their decline in the early 1900s.--Written by Michael P. Tremoglie for MainStreet
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV