4 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: HR, GRMN, RGC, PBI
Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.70%. Regal Entertainment Group, through its subsidiaries, operates as a motion picture exhibitor in the United States. The company develops, acquires, and operates multi-screen theatres primarily in mid-sized metropolitan markets and suburban growth areas of larger metropolitan markets. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.85 The average volume for Regal Entertainment Group has been 1,203,500 shares per day over the past 30 days Regal Entertainment Group has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the media industry Shares are up 28.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday TheStreet Ratings rates Regal Entertainment Group as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, RGC's share price has jumped by 38.08%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP increased its bottom line by earning $0.93 versus $0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.00 versus $0.93).
- RGC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $110.90 million or 5.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP has marginally lower results.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 51.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $46.30 million to $22.50 million.
- You can view the full Regal Entertainment Group Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV