Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:35 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Thursday.
Deutsche Bank upgraded Sprint (S) to buy from hold, but Citigroup downgraded it to hold from buy. "May the best person win," Cramer pronounced. S was unchanged at $7.18.
Adtran (ADTN) was upgraded to buy from hold at Goldman Sachs. Telecoms looking to upgrade their infrastructure turn to Adtran, Cramer pointed out. ADTN was up 2.3% to $24.Walt Disney (DIS) has a lot of "irons in the fire," Cramer said, referring to the lackluster results of its latest film, "The Lone Ranger." DIS rose 2.6% to $66.58. Cummins (CMI) keeps making its numbers. "They have the natural gas truck engine. That's going to be the engine of the future," Cramer said. CMI was up 1.4% to $115.28. Bernstein upgraded Viacom (VIA) to hold from sell because it "can't find a reason not to like it," Cramer said about the analyst, which has stubbornly remained bearish on the rising stock. VIA ended Thursday at $71.47, up 1.2%. Hess (HES) "keeps trying to unlock value. Maybe this time it will really be for real," Cramer said sarcastically, referring to the current asset divestiture program. HES rose 3.2% to $70.96. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV