BankUnited has signed a lease with the Graham Companies to add 20,000 square feet to its Miami Lakes corporate headquarters. BankUnited’s current complex occupies five buildings in the Miami Lakes Business Park West and 120,672 square feet.
Making the announcement at BankUnited’s annual meeting for employees, BankUnited President and CEO John Kanas said, “BankUnited is growing at a rate you just don’t see in banking anymore. We are seeing more of our growth fueled by the improving Florida economy and through this expansion we will be well positioned to continue to serve our customers and take advantage of future opportunities.”
One of the largest independent depository institutions headquartered in Florida by assets, BankUnited plans to open six branches in Florida this year. The company opened four branches in New York City and Long Island earlier this year.
The new property is adjacent to BankUnited’s building number three.About BankUnited, N.A. BankUnited, N.A., a national bank and wholly-owned subsidiary of BankUnited, Inc. (NYSE: BKU), is headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida with $12.7 billion of assets, 97 branches in 15 Florida counties, two branches in the New York metropolitan area, and 1,459 professionals as of March 31, 2013. Ranked 10 th on Forbes Magazine’s list of “Best Banks in America 2012,” and one of the largest independent depository institutions headquartered in Florida by assets, BankUnited provides a wide range of commercial and consumer banking services. The company recently opened two additional branches in New York, bringing the New York total to four branches. For additional information, call (877) 779-2265 or visit www.BankUnited.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV