Joy Global Inc. Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (JOY)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.48, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.94 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- 35.30% is the gross profit margin for JOY GLOBAL INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of JOY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JOY's net profit margin of 13.34% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry average. The net income has decreased by 15.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $213.59 million to $181.56 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $0.41 million or 99.60% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, JOY GLOBAL INC has marginally lower results.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts