BILLERICA, Mass., July 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Entegris, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENTG) and SEMI are collaborating to organize a breakfast forum and panel discussion on achieving "Defect Reduction in the Sub-20 nm Era" for semiconductor manufacturing at the upcoming SEMICON West 2013 tradeshow. The forum will be held on Thursday, July 11, 2013 from 7:30 am to 10 am at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis in San Francisco, California.
As the semiconductor industry ramps the manufacturing of advanced semiconductor devices at the sub-20 nm node, it is facing a number of challenges including skyrocketing capital requirements, the adoption of difficult process technologies such as double patterning and Finfet structure, and an ever-increasing number of process steps. Yield is not only a challenge, but a key lever to the overall semiconductor business model. The Entegris-sponsored forum will explore the key yield challenges and defect reduction approaches at sub-20 nm nodes from three points of view - equipment, process and materials.
The event will feature a keynote presentation from Tim Hendry, Vice President, Technology and Manufacturing Group, Director Fab Materials at Intel Corporation. Following the keynote, there will be presentations on the topic of yield enhancement by leading equipment and materials companies including KLA-Tencor, Lam Research, ATMI, and Entegris. The event will conclude with an interactive panel discussion with the presenters.To register for the Yield Forum, please go to: http://entegrisyield.eventbrite.com . Stay connected with the latest event announcements by following the Twitter hashtag #YieldForum. In addition to the Yield Forum, Entegris is also scheduled to participate in the following SEMICON West events:
- Nanoparticle Defectivity Issues in Solutions on Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis. Jennifer Braggin, Senior Manager of Technical Marketing at Entegris will present on the topic of Approaches to Reduce Defectivity in Process Chemistries at 8:45 am.
- Addressing Nanodefectivity on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at North Hall, Moscone Center from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm. Entegris is sponsoring this session that will explore the challenges of finding, identifying, and removing defects at nanoscale and the solutions to enable yields .
- A Promising but Challenging Future on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at Keynote Stage, Esplanade Hall. Bertrand Loy, Entegris President and CEO will join four other industry leaders on an executive panel at 2:00 pm.
- SEMICON West 450 mm Transition Forum on Thursday, July 11, 2013 at South Hall, Moscone Center. Entegris will have a selection of its industry-leading 450 mm wafer handling solutions on display at 10:30 am .
CONTACT: Steve Cantor VP of Corporate Relations Tel. 978-436-6750 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV