This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Encore Capital Group Closes Acquisition Of Controlling Stake In Cabot Credit Management

SAN DIEGO and WEST MALLING, England, July 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Encore Capital Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECPG), a leading U.S. debt management and recovery company, announced today that it has closed its acquisition of 50.1% of the equity interest in Janus Holdings Luxembourg S.a.r.l. ("Janus Holdings"), an indirect holding company of U.K. and Ireland-based Cabot Credit Management Limited ("CCM"). The remaining 49.9% of Janus Holdings is held by a fund advised by J.C. Flowers & Co. LLC (" J.C. Flowers"). The transaction was originally announced on May 30, 2013.

Under the terms of the agreement, Encore acquired its interest in CCM for £115 million (approximately $177 million). The purchase price was reduced by approximately £13 million from £128 million as a result of the agreement to redeem certain bridge preferred equity certificates ("Bridge PECs") by J.C. Flowers. Encore has the option to purchase the remaining interest in Janus Holdings during the period from the fourth anniversary to the sixth anniversary of the closing.

Paul Grinberg, Encore's chief financial officer, said, "The Bridge PECs redemption allows Encore to reduce the amount of capital required to fund the deal, which should improve Encore's IRR and overall return on this transaction."

Encore was able to fund a significant amount of the purchase price through a convertible note offering completed last week that raised $150 million at a cash coupon of 3% for a seven year term. The balance of the purchase price was funded through Encore's revolving credit facility.

The partnership between Encore and CCM is based on a strategy of growth that brings together two market leaders. The acquisition gives Encore the opportunity to deploy capital globally in a market with strong growth potential, as the U.K. is the largest mature debt purchase market in the world after the United States.

"We're very pleased to officially welcome Cabot Credit Management as part of our team," said Encore's President and CEO Ken Vecchione. "This acquisition positions us as a global leader in the consumer debt purchase and recovery industry, and we're looking forward to leveraging our analytic capabilities and efficient operating platform to grow our business in the U.K."

1 of 3

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
GOOG $693.01 0.00%
FB $117.58 0.00%
TSLA $240.76 0.00%
YHOO $36.60 0.00%
AAPL $93.74 0.00%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,773.64 -57.12 -0.32%
S&P 500 2,065.30 -10.51 -0.51%
NASDAQ 4,775.3580 -29.9330 -0.62%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs