ORLANDO, Fla., July 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marriott Vacations Worldwide (NYSE: VAC) received two gold Stevie® Awards for Company of the Year – Leisure & Hospitality and Human Resources Team of the Year in addition to six silver and bronze Stevies at the 11 th Annual American Business Awards. These awards affirmed the company's best-in-class global human resources, global owner services and global sales operations departments in addition to recognition for Best New Company of the Year, and Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year.
"These results are exceptional and further illustrate what makes our company so great across all industries," said Stephen P. Weisz, president and chief executive officer. "We have the finest leaders and associates worldwide and I'm very proud of the teams recognized at this year's American Business Awards."
The American Business Awards are the nation's premier business awards program. Nicknamed the Stevies for the Greek word for "crowned," the trophies were presented to honorees during a gala banquet on Monday, June 17 at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park Hotel. More than 500 nominees and their guests attended the 11 th annual awards event.More than 3,200 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted this year for consideration in a wide range of categories. Stevie Award winners were selected by more than 320 executives nationwide who participated in the judging process. Additionally, Marriott Vacations Worldwide received silver Stevies for Human Resources Department of the Year and Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year and four bronze Stevies for Best New Company of the Year, Support Team of the Year, Support Department of the Year and Customer Service Department of the Year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV