HOPKINTON, Mass., July 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced the appointment of William D. Green (59) to the EMC Board, effective immediately. Mr. Green is the former Chairman of Accenture plc. His appointment expands the size of the EMC Board of Directors to twelve.
Joe Tucci, EMC Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We are honored to welcome Bill Green to the EMC Board. Bill is an experienced and seasoned leader with outstanding operating experience, a deep understanding of the IT industry and broad international business expertise. His contributions will serve to help EMC better execute on its strategy during this highly transformative time in our industry and ensure the company's continued success."
From August 2006 until his retirement in February 2013, Mr. Green served as Chairman of Accenture, a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. From September 2004 through December 2010, he served as Accenture's Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Green joined Accenture in 1977 and became a partner in 1986. Mr. Green has been a Director of McGraw-Hill Financial, Inc. since 2011.
Mr. Green attended Dean College and is a member of its Board of Trustees. He received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics and a Master of Business Administration from Babson College, as well as an Honorary Doctor of Laws.Additional Resources:
- Visit EMC Pulse, EMC's product and technology news blog
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV