Bras, one of America’s best-selling bra brands, is launching its most comprehensive marketing effort with a new campaign,
Be Uniquely You.
The campaign celebrates women’s uniqueness and individuality and reinforces women’s positive and emotional connections to the iconic brand. The campaign, including television advertising, launches July 8, 2013, and coincides with an ongoing evolution of the product portfolio that includes more variety in styles, silhouettes, colors and sizes for appeal to a broader audience.
A scene from the new Playtex bras "Be Uniquely You" television advertising campaign launching nationwide July 8, 2013. Source: Playtex Bras
“Women love and trust the
brand because we recognize that a woman wants a bra that matches her personality, allows her to show her individuality and provides the fit and support she expects from
,” said Tricia Bouras, director marketing,
Bras. “Our new integrated marketing campaign, combined with the new styling and silhouettes, appeals to a broad range of women of all ages, skin tones and bra sizes.”
Integrated Marketing Campaign
Over the coming months, women will see elements of the more than $10 million integrated marketing campaign at every consumer touchpoint, including the products, packaging, advertising, website and social media. The campaign includes:
- The new creative Playtex campaign, Be Uniquely You, created by longtime agency partner KraftWorks NYC, reflects the positive and emotional connection the Playtex brand has with real women. The campaign features relatable, healthy, confident women versus the provocative types featured by other bra brands. In the 30-second spot, four women are wearing the latest Playtex styles while each woman is situated in a unique environment with cues from the color, pattern or fabric of the style she’s wearing.
- The advertising campaign will first run during Good Morning America on Mon., July 8 and continue on popular network shows including The Bachelor, America’s Got Talent and The Chew and cable networks like ABC Family, Oxygen and Nick@Nite. In addition, online video and digital advertising will target the broadened consumer audience.
- Just in time for the Fourth of July, the Playtex brand revealed a crowd-sourced “Braclaration of Independence,” a bra wearers’ manifesto to highlight the pursuit of bra happiness. Since May 31, 2013, the Playtex brand has been encouraging women to let their voices be heard by contributing content at www.playtexfits.com. More than 9,600 women joined the conversation. On July 1, the Playtex brand revealed the crowd-sourced “Braclaration of Independence” and is inviting women to ratify it. Ratification is open July 1 through Sept. 30, 2013. Women who ratify between July 1-Aug. 12, 2013, will be eligible to enter for a chance to win one of 100 Playtex bras. No purchase necessary. See official rules for details.
- Women can join the conversation, ratify the Braclaration of Independence and keep up-to-date on other news at www.playtexfits.com, www.facebook.com/playtex, and www.twitter.com/playtex.
is a powerhouse intimate apparel player with the most loyal consumers in the category,” said Howard Upchurch, president of innerwear for HanesBrands, which owns the
bra brand. “Our investment, the new television creative and the integrated communications support behind it is unique in the category but completely right for this iconic brand.”
Broadening the Product Portfolio
The qualitative and quantitative consumer research findings drove the evolution of the
- Modern and stylish silhouettes and overall designs that are inclusive and appeal to a broad range of women.
- A new sophisticated neutrals color palette, the TruShades collection , is flattering to a variety of skin tones. The palette includes Mother of Pearl, Nude, Golden Cocoa, Chocolate Brown, Private Jet, Warm Steel, and Rose Dust.
- TruSupport design , a four-way support system that contains, secures and supports her. According to proprietary research, 95 percent of women, regardless of bra size or age, say support is critical.
Bras have a tremendous opportunity to reach women who might have never considered
before,” said Bouras. “With our stylish bras, broader size range,
system, we truly have something for every woman.”
bras are widely available at Kohl’s, Macy’s, jcpenney, Walmart, Target and other mid-tier department stores.
is a leading manufacturer and marketer of intimate apparel in the U.S. and abroad within the intimate apparel category.
products can be found in department stores and mass retailers, with distribution in over 10,000 stores in the U.S. The
brand is part of HanesBrands Inc. (NYSE:HBI).
For more information, visit