Asia Entertainment & Resources Ltd. (“AERL”) (NASDAQ: AERL), which operates through its subsidiaries and related promoter companies that act as VIP room gaming promoters, today announced unaudited Rolling Chip Turnover (as defined below) for the month of June 2013 at the company’s VIP rooms in Macau was US$1.33 billion, down 3% year-over-year, compared to US$1.37 billion for the month of June 2012. This compares with a year-over-year increase in overall gross gaming revenue for Macau of 21% for June 2013. Win rate for the month of June 2013 was 3.09%.
For the first six months of 2013, AERL’s Rolling Chip Turnover was US$8.54 billion (an average of $1.42 billion per month), down 15% year-over-year, compared to US$10.07 billion (an average of $1.68 billion per month) for the first six months of 2012. Macau gross gaming revenue increased 15% for the first six months of 2013.
The decrease in Rolling Chip Turnover was attributable to the Company’s self-directed tightening of credit to agents due to its conservative view on the Chinese economy.
The Company’s VIP rooms are primarily focused on high stakes baccarat. Baccarat accounts for approximately 88% of total Macau casino winnings according to the Macau Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ). In Macau, two remuneration methods are used to compensate VIP room gaming promoters. On a fixed commission basis, VIP room gaming promoter revenues are based on an agreed percentage of Rolling Chip Turnover. On a win/loss split basis, the VIP room gaming promoter receives an agreed percentage of the “win” in the VIP gaming room (plus certain incentive allowances), and is required to also bear the same percentage of losses that might be incurred. Compared to the fixed commission basis, the win/loss split basis subjects the VIP room gaming promoter to the risk of losses from the gaming patron’s activity and greater volatility.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV