CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Air France has selected UTC Aerospace Systems to be the maintenance, repair and overhaul services (MRO) provider for various actuation, air management and electrical systems on Embraer E-Jet fleets that Air France supports for its customers. This is UTC Aerospace Systems' first contract for E-Jet repairs with Air France. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The three-year agreement covers MRO services for the electric power generating system, electric power equipment, air management system, and flight systems on the airline's ERJ-170, ERJ-175 and ERJ-190 aircraft. The work will be performed by subsidiaries of UTC Aerospace Systems in Dijon, France and Maastricht, The Netherlands.
"We are very pleased to build upon our relationship with Air France by expanding the MRO services we provide them to now include the E-Jet," said Paul Snyder, vice president of Customer Service for UTC Aerospace Systems' Aircraft Systems segment. "We strive to continuously improve the value we offer our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to continue providing world-class support to Air France for their aircraft."
As part of the agreement, UTC Aerospace Systems will eventually maintain more than 70 E-Jet aircraft for Spairliners, a joint venture between Air France and Lufthansa Technik.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV