- Q1 2013 net revenues increased 2.7% year-over-year to $101.0 million
- Net income attributable to APWC shareholders was $0.9 million
- Earnings per share was $0.06 in Q1 2013 and Q1 2012
- $67.8 million in cash and cash equivalents at March 31, 2013
TAIPEI, Taiwan, July 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corporation Limited (Nasdaq:APWC) ("APWC" or the "Company"), a leading manufacturer of wire and cable products for the telecommunications and electric-power industries in the Asia-Pacific region, today announced the Company's financial results for the three months ended March 31, 2013.
|First Quarter 2013 Financial Results|
|Q1 2013||Q1 2012||CHANGE|
|Revenues||$101.0 million||$98.3 million||+2.7%|
|Gross Profit||$7.8 million||$9.0 million||-13.9%|
|Net Income||$0.9 million||$0.8 million||+2.9%|
|* Earnings per share are based on 13.8 million shares in Q1 2012 and Q1 2013.|
First Quarter 2013 Results
Revenues for the year ended March 31, 2013 were $101.0 million, a 2.7% increase from the prior period. Reduced sales of manufactured products including enameled and high voltage wire were partially offset by higher sales of distributed products and SDI projects for the quarter. Revenues for the three months ended March 31, 2013 were as follows: enameled wire sales of $40.0 million, power cable sales of $39.3 million, telecommunication cable sales of $4.8 million, distributed products sales of $16.3 million and SDI (Supply, Delivery and Installation) of wires and cables sales of $0.4 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts