JACKSONVILLE, Fla., July 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ParkerVision, Inc. (Nasdaq:PRKR), a developer and marketer of semiconductor technology solutions for wireless applications, today announced the introduction of three new Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits ("RFICs") that address a variety of wireless applications.
The Company's new RF solutions are targeted at challenging applications that require high dynamic range performance such as 3G CDMA/EVDO and 4G LTE devices and systems. The new additions to the ParkerVision product portfolio include:
- The PVD2510R RF I/Q Demodulator: A quadrature down-converter based on ParkerVision's RF energy sampling down-conversion technology;
- The PVL2520R Low Noise Amplifier (LNA): A dual-band LNA that integrates gain and power management; and
- The PVM2520XP Dual-Band CDMA/EVDO RF Chipset: A power efficient complete RF chipset that incorporates ParkerVision's d2p™ transmit technology and includes all system functions between the CDMA/EVDO baseband processor and the duplexer.
While ParkerVision's PVM2520XP is targeted for CDMA and EVDO mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and other devices, the PVD2510R and PVL2520R also serve general purpose applications such as commercial and industrial radios, military radios, femtocells, picocells and other custom applications."We are proud to launch these new products, which deliver high performance with exceptionally low power consumption," said Jeffrey Parker CEO of ParkerVision. "These additions to our product portfolio expand the target customer base of wireless product manufacturers that can improve upon their RF systems using our RF receive and transmit technologies. Moreover, the introduction of these new RFIC products further strengthens our product offering, and we believe that this expanded suite of solutions will bring additional sales opportunities to the Company as we approach a larger and more diverse audience of potential customers." Performance and battery life are paramount concerns in wireless devices, as the industry strives to meet the ever-increasing performance demands of wireless data networks. ParkerVision's patented, advanced RF technologies enable these complex devices to maintain superior RF performance while optimizing battery life and reducing unwanted heat, which translates into better reliability and longer usage between charges for mobile devices, and better connectivity and fewer dropped calls for wireless networks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV