BankUnited, Inc. (NYSE: BKU) announced today that John Bohlsen, who has served on the board since the company’s inception in 2009, resigned as a director of the company effective July 1, 2013. Mr. Bohlsen’s decision is for personal reasons. “I look forward to continuing my commitment to BankUnited in my new role within the company,” said Mr. Bohlsen.
In addition, in accordance with the terms of his previously disclosed employment agreements which ended on July 1, 2013, Mr. Bohlsen is stepping down as Chief Lending Officer of BankUnited, Inc. and Vice Chairman and Chief Lending Officer of BankUnited, N.A. and will continue to serve the company on and after July 1, 2013 as senior advisor to the chairman of the board of directors.
BankUnited, Inc.’s Chairman, President and CEO, John A. Kanas, said, “We are truly appreciative of John’s valuable advice over the past four years. We will miss having his presence on our board, but are pleased that he has agreed to continue in a senior advisor capacity.”
The Board has approved Rajinder P. Singh to be a director of the company to fill the vacancy created by Mr. Bohlsen’s resignation from the board. Mr. Singh is currently the Chief Operating Officer of BankUnited, Inc. and BankUnited, N.A.About BankUnited BankUnited, Inc. is a $12.7 billion asset bank holding company. Its subsidiary, BankUnited, N.A., a national bank headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida operated 97 branches in 15 Florida counties and 2 branches in the New York metropolitan area at March 31, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV