- In Germany, where smart shopping is a way of life, women are highly satisfied as consumers and are feeling relative economic strength. Their European counterparts in the U.K. and France are still feeling the economic pinch, while American women's economic concerns are prevalent, but easing.
- French women have the strongest perceptions of gender equality in society and their households. German women note more gender specialization in the home, but relatively equal opportunity in politics.
- American women prefer spending on "experiences," whereas French women prefer spending on "things."
- British women are most open to trying new brands and also have a strong desire to help others make smart purchase decisions.
- French women are highly concerned about food safety. Chinese women are also concerned about food safety, as well as product safety and quality more generally.
- Women in China and Germany expressed the strongest interest in luxury across a variety of categories.
Women Around The World Becoming More Future-Focused With Economic Improvement, Finds Fifth Wave Of 'Women, Power & Money'
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts