"In the weeks since the transaction was announced, John and I have had many opportunities to meet with our investors and members of the Ares Real Estate Group to discuss our shared vision," said Mr. Neibart. "By joining Ares, our investors will benefit from its superior deal sourcing and access to market information as well as from its significant infrastructure. Additionally, we are excited to bring our equity investment discipline to Ares, which will forge a strong presence across the capital structure in real estate, just like Ares has demonstrated in its corporate investments."
Ares Management was provided financial advisory services by J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Hodes Weill & Associates acted as strategic advisor to AREA Property Partners. Legal representation for Ares Management was provided by Proskauer Rose LLP and for AREA Property Partners by Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP.
About Ares Management LLC
Ares Management LLC is a global alternative asset manager and SEC registered investment adviser with approximately $65 billion of committed capital under management and more than 600 employees as of March 31, 2013 and pro forma for the closing of the AREA Property Partners transaction. Ares is headquartered in Los Angeles with professionals located across the United States, Europe and Asia and invests across the capital structure – from senior debt to common equity. Ares’ investment activities are managed by dedicated teams in its Capital Markets, Private Debt, Private Equity and Real Estate investment platforms. Ares Management was built upon the fundamental principle that each platform benefits from being part of the greater whole. This multi-asset class synergy provides its professionals with insights into industry trends, access to significant deal flow and the ability to assess relative value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV