BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Stocks are kicking off July with a shortened trading month -- markets close early on Wednesday and all day on Thursday for the July 4 holiday. One result of that bifurcated schedule is lower trading volumes in the latter half of the week. You can bet that traders will be taking Friday off en masse.
And that's especially interesting because of where stocks are sitting right now.
As I write, the S&P 500 is making yet another (so far unsuccessful) attempt at closing recapturing the uptrend that was in force for most of 2013. In other words, investors are going on vacation at a technically significant time for stocks. That should make for some interesting price action this week.>>5 Hated Earnings Stocks You Should Love To hedge our bets, we're turning to a new set of Rocket Stocks for this week. For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 206 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 79.52%. >>5 Stocks Ready to Break Out Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV