MAXIMUS (NYSE:MMS), a leading provider of government services issued preliminary fiscal year 2014 guidance today.
With several new awards to operate the customer contact operations of health insurance exchanges at the state and federal level, MAXIMUS has achieved its goal of winning its fair share of the health insurance exchange market. The Company estimates that it has added more than $125 million in new annual contract value related to the health insurance marketplaces under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
As a result, MAXIMUS is establishing preliminary fiscal year 2014 revenue and earnings guidance, which includes the contributions from the acquisition of Health Management. Based on the midpoint of $1.285 billion of the Company’s revenue guidance for fiscal year 2013, MAXIMUS expects that revenue for fiscal year 2014 will increase between 21% and 28% and will range between $1.555 billion and $1.650 billion. Based upon the midpoint of $1.54 of the Company’s adjusted diluted earnings per share guidance for fiscal year 2013, MAXIMUS expects that its adjusted diluted earnings per share for fiscal year 2014 will increase between 14% and 20% and will range between $1.75 and $1.85. Earnings estimates reflect the split of the Company’s common stock, which occurred at the close of the market on June 28, 2013.
The Company’s fiscal year 2014 guidance reflects a number of dynamics, including:
- A margin mix shift due to an increase in new work performed for the United States Federal Government that is cost reimbursable and lower-margin, with typical operating margins between 4% and 6%
- Revenue that occurred in fiscal 2013 that is not expected to repeat in fiscal 2014, from certain contracts, primarily in the Health Segment
- A tax rate of 37% with the expectation that there will be an increased contribution of operating income from operations outside the United States
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV