Crane Co. (NYSE: CR), a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products, said today that the European Commission has extended its initial review period to rule on the planned acquisition of MEI Conlux from July 5 to July 19, following proposals submitted by Crane Co. to address antitrust concerns. The Company stated that the Commission is focused on two product lines in the European market, and the Company is engaged in discussions with the Commission regarding potential remedies that would affect less than 10 percent of the aggregate sales of the combined businesses. The Company remains hopeful that these issues will be favorably resolved in the initial review period.
Crane Co. also stated that the staff of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has not indicated any significant concerns with the proposed transaction, and the Company anticipates that the FTC will clear the transaction under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act in the near future. The Company also stated that the Ukraine competition authority has approved the transaction.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements as defined
by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
statements present management’s expectations, beliefs, plans and
objectives regarding future financial performance, and assumptions or
judgments concerning such performance.
Any discussions contained
in this press release, except to the extent that they contain historical
facts, are forward-looking and accordingly involve estimates,
assumptions, judgments and uncertainties.
There are a number of
factors that could cause actual results or outcomes to differ materially
from those addressed in the forward-looking statements.
factors are detailed in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the
fiscal year ended December 31, 2012 and subsequent reports filed with
the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV