Crystal To Return To Antarctica For Ultimate White Christmas -- And New Year's -- Cruise
LOS ANGELES, July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Crystal Cruises is planning a magical winter wonderland holiday with a new Antarctica Christmas/ New Year's cruise. In addition to three days sailing Antarctic waters, the December 21, 2013 Buenos Aires- Valparaiso voyage aboard the award-winning Crystal Symphony sails through Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Falkland Islands, Drake Passage, Cape Horn, and the Chilean Fjords, with multiple excursions to the Antarctic continent. Generous booking savings are available until August 30 for the unique voyage -- the only one of its kind for 2013 and 2014.
Crystal is one of the few cruise lines permitted to sail to Antarctica, due to the strict environmental regulations, for which Crystal has incurred extra cost and planning efforts.
"We are always very environmentally conscious of the destinations we visit," says Anita Hodson, Crystal's director of nautical and port operations. "We're thrilled to be able to meet the new standards required to bring guests to this spectacular region this year.Guests can fly, hike, and zodiac over and on the icy continent, viewing Air Force homes, penguin breeding grounds, and the gorgeous glacial scenery of King George and Ardley Islands. Extremely-limited Crystal Adventures also explore more of Antarctica, taste local specialties, and overnight at the Chilean Eduardo Frei Antarctic Base (INACH). The 18-day cruise is filled with opportunities to explore nature in all ports, from seeing volcanos, waterfalls, humpback whales, and marine elephants to kayaking the Strait of Magellan and visiting working farms in the Falklands and Patagonia – as well as to explore wine, cuisine, and culture in major South American cities. Onboard speakers include an Antarctic expedition book author, climate change researcher, shark conservationist, and CBS News correspondent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV