SCI Illinois Services, Inc. Provides Contract Offer To Teamsters Local 727 Employees
Benefit Plan Opt-Out Proposal The company is not proposing the elimination of any of the Teamsters' benefit plans or any reduction in coverage or benefits. However, it has proposed giving employees the choice to opt out and receive cash compensation if they decide they do not want or need the healthcare plan or the legal and educational assistance plan. Historically, employees have been required to participate in these plans regardless of whether they want or need those benefits.
Retirement Plans In addition to maintaining vested pension benefits, under the company's offer the Teamster pension fund would be replaced with a 401K plan. The 401K features a dollar-for-dollar company match up to the first 4% of annual income.
"The Teamsters pension has a history of underfunding, and we have concerns about whether our associates will receive the benefits they have been promised," said Michael. "In addition, this fund has been a source of frequent litigation."
About SCI Illinois Services, Inc. SCI Illinois Services, Inc. manages the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral homes and cemeteries across Chicagoland. It is part of Service Corporation International, headquartered in Houston, Texas. For more information about Service Corporation International, please visit our website at www.sci-corp.com. For more information about the Dignity Memorial network, please visit www.dignitymemorial.com.SOURCE SCI Illinois Services, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV