SCI Illinois Services, Inc. Provides Contract Offer To Teamsters Local 727 Employees
GLENDALE HEIGHTS, Ill., July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- After negotiating in good faith with Teamsters Local 727 through multiple bargaining sessions during the month of June, SCI Illinois Services, Inc. provided the union with its "last, best and final" offer on Sunday, June 30. The Teamster-member funeral directors and chauffeurs are scheduled to vote on the proposed contract during the evening of July 1, 2013.
Wage Increases "We have offered a generous and fair contract, which includes a significant wage increase, to our funeral directors and drivers," said Larry Michael, managing director for SCI Illinois Services, Inc.
The final offer includes wage increases of 6 percent in the first year and an additional 3 percent in the second year of the contract, as well as a 2 percent increase in starting pay for all new hires. For funeral directors in this group, who, on average, make more than $80,000 per year prior to overtime and other compensation, this amounts to an average $4,800 increase in the first year and an additional $2,544 the second year.
Healthcare Options The company's proposal asks that employees begin to contribute to their own healthcare costs. Employee contributions will only occur if the Teamsters' Fund increases its monthly premiums after March 1, 2014. Even then, contributions are capped at $50 per month in 2014."Unlike most Americans, this group of employees has never had to contribute anything to the cost of their own healthcare," said Michael. "Asking employees to contribute at least something toward those costs has become commonplace in this country. The wage increases being offered far exceed the amount of any potential co-pay."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV