Gold, Other Metals Recover; Energy Moves Higher
By The Associated Press
Gold and other metals are ending higher. Crude oil is also ending higher, while crop prices are lower.
Gold for August delivery rose $32, or 2.6 percent, to settle at $1,255.70 an ounce Monday. Silver for July delivery added 10.9 cents or 0.6 percent, to $19.56 an ounce. Copper, platinum and palladium rose between 3 and 4 percent.
July platinum rose $42.30, or 3.2 percent, to $1,379.20 an ounce and September palladium rose $26, or 3.9 percent, to $686.70 an ounce. July copper rose 10.45 cents, or 3.4 percent, to $3.155 a pound.Crude oil rose 1.5 percent on rising concerns about Middle East tensions and their possible impact on oil supplies. Benchmark crude for August delivery rose $1.43 to close at $97.99 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. In other energy trading, natural gas rose 1 cent to finish at $3.58 per 1,000 cubic feet, heating oil rose 1 cent to end at $2.87 per gallon and wholesale gasoline added 2 cents to finish at $2.74 per gallon. Crop prices fell. The actively traded contract for wheat delivered in September fell 2.75 cents to $6.55 a bushel. Corn for December delivery fell 9.75 cents to $5.0125 a bushel. Soybeans for November delivery fell 8.75 cents to $12.4325 a bushel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV