Dr. Alen Salerian, Well-Known D.C. Psychiatrist, Invites Public Debate On Treatment Of Patients With Mental And Physical Pain
WASHINGTON, July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The District of Columbia Board of Medicine today published an Opinion revoking the medical license of a well-known psychiatrist, Dr. Alen J. Salerian. The Board has determined that Dr. Salerian's prescriptions of certain narcotics in certain dosages fell outside the relevant standard of care.
David Sanford of Sanford Heisler, LLP in Washington, D.C., said that "Dr. Salerian will appeal the Board of Medicine decision and we are confident that the D.C. Court of Appeals will overturn it."
Dr. Salerian has been a tireless advocate during his nearly 40-year career for improving the quality of life for his mental health and pain patients. Dr. Salerian received his license to practice medicine in the District in 1974, completing his psychiatric residency as Chief Resident at GW in 1976 and serving as an Assistant Clinical Professor at GW for 26 years. Dr. Salerian also worked at the Psychiatric Institute of Washington as the Chair of the Patient Care Evaluation Committee; as an Associate Medical Director; and as investigator for the Clinical Trial Unit. Most recently, Dr. Salerian founded and practiced as a psychiatrist at the Salerian Center for Neuroscience and Pain to treat those with pain and psychiatric illnesses.
Dr. Salerian founded the non-profit Doctors for Equal Rights for People with Mental and Physical Pain. Dr. Salerian also has been a reviewer of pain issues for the New England Journal of Medicine; an opinion leader for the FDA; a consultant to the FBI in numerous matters; a leader in performing transcranial magnetic stimulation; and a pioneer in neuroscience with scholarly contributions in peer reviewed journals. Dr. Salerian has been at the forefront in discoveries relating to Alzheimer's and depression.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV