Safeway (SWY) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Safeway fell $0.36 (-1.5%) to $23.30 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,525,219 shares of Safeway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,144,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.17-$23.70 after having opened the day at $23.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.66. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: Christopher & Banks Corporation (CBK), down 6.8%, Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores (SHOS), down 2.6%, Fresh Market (TFM), down 2.5% and Rite Aid Corporation (RAD), down 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Safeway Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SWY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV