Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRK.B): Today's Featured Insurance Winner
Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway rose $1.12 (1.0%) to $113.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,248,844 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,065,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $112.51-$113.77 after having opened the day at $112.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $111.92. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: CoreLogic (CLGX), up 8.1%, AmTrust Financial Services (AFSI), up 4.6%, Genworth Financial (GNW), up 4.5% and Citizens (CIA), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV