Halliburton Company (HAL): Today's Featured Basic Materials Winner
Halliburton Company (HAL) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Halliburton Company rose $0.73 (1.8%) to $42.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,607,212 shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,657,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.86-$42.62 after having opened the day at $42.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.72. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Minco Gold Corporation (MGH), up 30.0%, Prospect Global Resources (PGRX), up 17.7%, Alexco Resource (AXU), up 15.2% and Claude Resources (CGR), up 14.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Halliburton Company Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV