SPARTANBURG, S.C., July 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Synalloy Corporation (Nasdaq:SYNL), a holding company owning subsidiaries that engage in a number of diverse business activities including the production of stainless steel pipe, fiberglass and steel storage tanks, specialty chemicals and fabrication of stainless and carbon steel piping systems, announces that the United States International Trade Commission (USITC) determined last Friday, June 28 th, that there is a reasonable indication that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of welded stainless steel pressure pipe from Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam that are sold in the United States at less than fair value.
All six Commissioners voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission's affirmative determinations, the U.S. Department of Commerce will continue to conduct its investigations on imports of this product from Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam with its preliminary antidumping duty determinations due in October 2013. Final determinations are due by mid-year 2014. If there is an affirmative determination, duty deposits would be required no later than the preliminary ruling date and could be retroactive 90 days earlier if the situation merited. The original petitions alleged dumping margins between 13% and 71%.The Commission's public report Welded Stainless Steel Pressure Pipe from Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam (Investigation Nos. 731-TA-1210-1212 (Preliminary), USITC Publication 4413, July 2013) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations. For more information about Synalloy Corporation, please visit our web site at www.synalloy.com .
CONTACT: Rick Sieradzki (864) 596-1558
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV