On Wednesday, June 26, Market Vectors ETF Trust launched the latest addition to its Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF) family, Market Vectors Israel ETF (NYSE Arca: ISRA), an ETF that seeks to track the BlueStar Israel Global Index, designed to provide investors with broad exposure to Israel’s dynamic equity market. That evening, in celebration of the listing of the fund, Market Vectors teamed with BlueStar Global Investors LLC, the firm which produced ISRA’s underlying index, to host a reception at the New York Stock Exchange.
Among the featured speakers were the Honorable Ron Prosor, Israel’s ambassador to the United Nations; the Honorable Ido Aharoni, Consul General of Israel, New York; and the Honorable Eli Groner, Minister of Economic Affairs with the Embassy of Israel. All three speakers shared their thoughts on Israel’s growth story, the sectors and segments of the country’s economy that appear poised for growth, and reasons why investors may want to consider adding exposure to Israel to their portfolios.
“We are very pleased to have brought ISRA to market as we feel it offers investors a differentiated means of accessing the full spectrum of Israel’s vibrant economy,” said Amrita Bagaria, ETF Product Manager with Market Vectors. “We are equally thrilled to have been joined at our launch event by these distinguished speakers, each of whom treated our guests to some unique insights into Israel’s economy and its place on the world stage.”
“I often describe Israel as ‘the start-up nation’ given how many entrepreneurs and interesting ideas are at work in the country today, and one of the main questions I get when I speak with the Jewish community in the U.S. focuses on how they can invest in what’s happening in Israel,” said Mr. Groner. “With the index that BlueStar has created and the fund that Market Vectors has launched, the opportunity now exists for every investor to add exposure to Israel’s potential.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV