HOUSTON, July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GSE Holding, Inc. (the "Company" or "GSE") (NYSE: GSE), a leading global provider of highly engineered geosynthetic containment solutions, today announced that Mark Arnold, its President and CEO will be leaving the Company. The Company's Board of Directors has appointed Charles A. Sorrentino, a current member of the Board, as interim President and Chief Executive Officer effective immediately.
Robert C. Griffin, Chairman of the Board of Directors, stated, "On behalf of GSE, I want to thank Mark for his valuable service to the Company and wish him every success."As interim President and Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Sorrentino will work closely with GSE's current management team and Board of Directors to oversee the Company's ongoing planned initiatives. The Board of Directors has retained Heidrick & Struggles to undertake a search for a new chief executive officer. "I want to thank Chuck for agreeing to serve as President and CEO during this interim period. Having worked with Chuck as a Board member over the last two years, I am confident that he brings the continuity, leadership, business skills, and knowledge of GSE necessary to move the Company forward as we conduct a search for a new chief executive officer," Mr. Griffin continued. Mr. Sorrentino retired on January 1, 2012 from Houston Wire & Cable Company, a public company traded on the NASDAQ, where he served as President and Chief Executive Officer for nearly 14 years. He has more than 30 years of general management experience which bridges the manufacturing, distribution, and construction industries. He is a two-time finalist for the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award and holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Southern Illinois University and an MBA from the University of Chicago. About GSE Holding, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV