OAK BROOK, Ill., July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TreeHouse Foods, Inc. (NYSE: THS) today announced it has completed the previously announced acquisition of Cains Foods, L.P., a privately owned Ayer, Mass. based manufacturer of shelf stable mayonnaise, dressings and sauces, with approximately $80 million in annual revenue. The Cains product portfolio offers retail and foodservice customers a wide array of packaging sizes, sold under both private label store brands and the Cains, Naturally Delicious and Olde Cape Cod brands.
Cains Foods L.P., headquartered in Ayer, Massachusetts, manufactures shelf stable mayonnaise, dressings and sauces in a variety of packaging formats and sizes, including single serve cups and pouches, tubs, retail glass and multi-serve food away from home sizes. Products are sold under the Cains, Naturally Delicious and Olde Cape Cod brands and private label for leading food service distributors, national chains and retailers. The company's facilities include its owned food processing plant and leased distribution facility in Ayer. Cains employs approximately 100 people.
About TreeHouse FoodsTreeHouse is a food manufacturer servicing primarily the retail grocery and foodservice distribution channels. Our products include non-dairy powdered creamers, private label canned soups, refrigerated and shelf stable salad dressings and sauces, powdered drink mixes and single serve hot beverages, hot cereals, macaroni and cheese, skillet dinners, Mexican sauces, jams and pie fillings, pickles and related products, aseptic sauces, and liquid non-dairy creamer. TreeHouse believes it is the largest manufacturer of pickles and non-dairy powdered creamer in the United States and the largest manufacturer of private label salad dressings, powdered drink mixes and instant hot cereals in the United States and Canada based on sales volume. SOURCE TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV