BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich., July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Del Webb communities are among the country's 50 best master planned communities for boomers as selected by Where to Retire magazine. Del Webb has five communities on the list this year – more than any other active adult builder. In the eight years the biennial list has been issued by the publication, Del Webb communities have been recognized 54 times.
Where to Retire reveals "The Short List: 50 Best Master-Planned Communities in the United States," in its newly released July/August issue. Del Webb communities on the list are: Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch and Sun City Festival in Arizona; Sun City Shadow Hills in Southern California; Stone Creek by Del Webb in Florida; and Sun City Peachtree by Del Webb In Georgia.
" Del Webb has been serving the pre-retirement and retiring boomer for many years and being recognized more than any other builder is a testament to the great lifestyle in our communities across the nation," said Deborah Wahl, senior vice president and chief marketing officer for PulteGroup, Inc., parent company of Del Webb. " Del Webb has built its success on knowledge of our customers, and we understand that there is much diversity among boomer wants and needs when it comes to their home and community."
The list is the only one of its kind, focusing on communities rather than locales and featuring first person testimonials by current residents, said Where to Retire Publisher Karen Northridge."Time and again, the retirees interviewed for this story told us their neighborhoods give them opportunities to try different activities, connect with like-minded people and in the process, build brand-new lifestyles," Northridge said. "For these retirees, their communities provide much more than comfortable, attractive housing; they also serve as a catalyst for residents to reinvent themselves."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV