NEW YORK, July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ING U.S., Inc. (NYSE: VOYA) announced today that it has been added to the Russell 1000 and Russell Global Indexes. The addition of ING U.S. to both indexes follows Russell Investments' annual reconstitution of its comprehensive set of U.S. and global equity indexes following the close of equity markets on June 28.
"Following our initial public offering in May, we're pleased to now be a part of both the Russell 1000 and Russell Global Indexes," said Rodney O. Martin, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, ING U.S. "We're excited about the future as we pursue our vision to be America's Retirement Company, and we look forward to the broader representation ING U.S. will have by being a part of these two indexes."
Russell indexes are widely used by investment managers and institutional investors for index funds and as benchmarks for both passive and active investment strategies. Approximately $4.1 trillion in assets currently are benchmarked to them.The Russell Global Index, which captures approximately 98% of investable securities globally, is reconstituted annually and all sub-indexes are recalibrated simultaneously to accurately measure current market realities for each market segment. These investment tools originated from Russell's multi-manager investment business in the early 1980s when the company saw the need for a more objective, market-driven set of benchmarks in order to evaluate outside investment managers. About ING U.S. ING U.S. (NYSE: VOYA), which plans to rebrand in the future as Voya Financial, is a leading provider of financial products and services, both at the workplace and through an expansive distribution network of financial professionals. ING U.S.'s mission is to guide Americans on their journey to greater retirement readiness and to make a secure financial future possible – one person, one family, and one institution at a time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV