WALLDORF, Germany, July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced that leading IT market research advisory firm IDC is again recognizing SAP as the market share leader based on 2012 revenue in mobile enterprise management (MEM) enterprise software market. SAP has been recognized as a leader for the 12th consecutive year in the "Worldwide Mobile Enterprise Management Software 2012 – 2016 Forecast and Analysis and 2012 Vendor Shares" report with the SAP® Mobile Secure portfolio. Based on continued mobile customer adoption, SAP holds the largest market share with a 14 percent share of the market.
"We believe the MEM market is evolving toward a platform approach that integrates best in class mobile security and management capabilities," said Stacy Crook, program manager, mobile enterprise research, IDC. "Leading vendors are offering partners and customers extensive capabilities to build management and security into mobile apps."
With the constant introduction of new devices into the workplace, the variety of mobile operating systems and the influx of employees bringing in their own devices and apps, enterprise-level security is top-of-mind for companies large and small. The SAP Mobile Secure portfolio addresses the changing needs of this market, which helps ensure customers obtain the best-in-class capabilities they need coupled with comprehensive security of the device, apps and content for today's most popular mobile devices, including iOS, Windows and Android devices."The first wave of the mobile enterprise was around securing devices, now it's all about securing apps and content, and eventually machine-to-machine and the 'Internet of Things,'" said Sanjay Poonen, president and head of Mobile, SAP. "Our new offering, SAP Mobile Secure, is leading the way in the enterprise mobility market. We help companies manage their mobile deployments – devices, apps and content. We now have industry-leading solutions for each market segment of enterprise mobility — mobile security, mobile analytics, mobile app platform, mobile apps and messaging infrastructure — offering the broadest portfolio to address the needs of customers and partners." Solutions in the SAP Mobile Secure portfolio include:
- Device security and app management: The highly scalable SAP® Afaria® mobile device management solution manages and secures deployments of mobile devices and apps for any size company, in the cloud or on premise.
- App security and management: SAP helps secure and manages applications through its entire lifecycle. SAP® Afaria® and SAP® Mobile App Protection solution by Mocana helps organizations accelerate mobile initiatives by automating app security. App-wrapping technology enables enterprises to quickly secure existing corporate and third-party applications without having to write any code.
- Content security: The SAP® Mobile Documents solution is designed for enterprise deployments where collaboration, security and control of business content are critical. Users can access, view and collaborate on personal and corporate content in an easy-to-use, native mobile app that also serves as a graphical user interface (GUI) front end to enterprise content management (ECM) systems already in use in the enterprise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV