Today Dell OEM Solutions announced it has entered into a strategic partnership to provide its OEM technology, development and deployment expertise to Prentke Romich Company (PRC), a pioneer in assistive technology and augmentative communication (AAC) solutions for individuals with speech disabilities. PRC turned to Dell to help bring its latest tablet-based, assistive technology to market while managing costs. Under the terms of the partnership, Dell OEM is using Latitude 10 tablets to power PRC’s Accent™ 1000 solution, and the two companies have plans for future projects together leveraging more Dell solutions and services to help improve outcomes and develop personalized solutions for those with special needs.
For more than 45 years, PRC has enabled children and adults worldwide with speech disorders to achieve spontaneous, independent, and interactive communication regardless of their disability, literacy level, or motor skills. The Accent 1000 features Unity®, a proprietary language system that gives individuals the ability to go beyond simple commands and pre-programmed phrases, enabling them to express unique thoughts and ideas. Recently, PRC sought a partner to help deliver its powerful language system using the most innovative technology available in the market and selected Dell after a comprehensive search of tier one OEM vendors.
PRC was impressed with the Dell Latitude 10 as the platform for the product because the commercial tablet had a clearly-defined roadmap with great flexibility for customization. Dell OEM’s global reach and end-to-end capabilities helped PRC seamlessly migrate its offering from consumer tablets to enterprise-grade technologies. The Dell team’s knowledge of PRC’s business facilitated a consultative approach that led to faster collaboration, and ultimately decreased the lead time in getting the Accent 1000 to users.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV